The term ‘minimalist lifestyle’ has been buzzing around for some time now. With the new launch of the column Minimalistas on Chicagonista, this section of the site will be dedicated to give you a glimpse into the lives of 6 Chicagoans who are living the minimalist lifestyle. This is a path filled with less clutter, debt and living a life that is all about following one’s passion while freeing up time so that you can spend it with your loved ones. This is the heart of what the minimalist lifestyle is.
We have a well rounded group of minimalist writers from all walks of life. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Nina of Castles In The Air who gave up her corporate job to follow her passion of traveling, writing and creating art. She is the author of Radical Minimalist. A great read for those who want to take a deep dive into the minimalist lifestyle.
- Kim a Chicagoan who is living her dream of living abroad thanks to a scholarship from the Korean government where she is going to live, study and absorb the beautiful culture and people of Korea.
- Kathleen a proud mom who is on the journey toward minimalism and greater happiness which she writes about on her site Kat Simplified. “I’m striving toward that elusive point of ‘enough’ in all aspects of my life.”
- Rick creator of the site Uberless has widdled down thousands of dollars in debt and lives happily in a studio which gives him the financial freedom to live a life of fun while attending social events throughout Chicago.
- Laura of Smash Your Television is a graduate student, teacher and bride-to-be. She is a believer and an advocate of simple living with a focus on making conscious and sustainable choices.
- And of course there is me, author of Minimalism Defined and a happily married wife and mother of two rescued doggies. I prove that you can be a minimalist while living in a home. I have helped eliminate my husband’s $40,000 credit card and school debt while donating over 40+ bags to Salvation Army.
Together we will be sharing our experiences as Chicagoan minimalists. We will show you that living with less can bring so much joy and open up the door to so many adventures.